Fellowships to Filipino academics and professionals to lecture and/or conduct research in the United States. Grants are awarded for a period of three to five months.
These awards are given to academics for conducting research or lecturing in the United States. Awards cover travel, tuition, stipend, books, and professional activities, and health and accident insurance. All fields are eligible except medicine, nursing, engineering, applied mathematics, and applied sciences.
- Philippine citizenship
- Doctoral degree or equivalent professional training or experience
- Proficiency in English appropriate to the proposed lecturing or research project to be carried out in the United States
- A detailed statement of proposed activity for research or lecturing at a US institution
- Adequate financial support while in the United States
- Certification of good health
- NBI Clearance secured not earlier than 6 months prior to application
Individuals holding dual citizenship, are permanent residents and/or are presently studying in the US are not eligible.
Preference is given to those without recent experience in the US. Grants are not for the principal purpose of attending conferences or completing doctoral dissertations.
The goal of the Fulbright-Philippine Agriculture Scholarship Program (FPASP) is to modernize the agriculture and fisheries sectors of the Philippines by developing their human resources base through bilateral educational exchanges between the Philippines and the United States. The objective of the grant is not only to enable the recipient to pursue a particular field of study but to develop leaders in agriculture and fisheries who can contribute to promoting better understanding between the Philippines and the United States. Awards are made through open competition based on individual merit without regard to race, color, or creed.
Types of Awards Under the program, awards are given to Filipinos from the agriculture and fisheries fields to pursue: (1) non-degree doctoral dissertation research (must be currently enrolled in a doctoral program in a Philippine university; and (2) advanced research in the United States.
Grants for doctoral dissertation research, given to individuals pursuing their Ph.D. degree study in the Philippines, are for a period of 6-9 months. Grants for advanced research are for a period of 3-6 months, which include consultation visits with experts in agriculture and fisheries at universities and research institutions in the United States. Grants are NOT for the principal purpose of attending conferences, travel and consultation at multiple institutions, or site observations.
Who are Eligible Awards are given to eligible Filipinos working at the Department of Agriculture and its affiliate agencies; faculty and staff from accredited state and private colleges and universities offering programs in agriculture and fisheries; and professionals from non-government organizations, government financial institutions, and other government and private agencies whose main work are in agriculture and fisheries.
General Eligibility Requirements
- Citizenship. Applicants must be citizens of the Philippines. Filipinos holding dual citizenship or permanent U.S residency are ineligible for grants to the U.S.
- English proficiency. English proficiency is required to pursue proposed program in the U.S
- For doctoral dissertation research – must be currently enrolled in a doctoral program in the Philippines, with an approved dissertation topic
- For advanced research – must have at least a master’s degree
- Health. While no medical certification is required at the time of application, applicants must be in good health to pursue graduate work in the U.S. Finalists are required to pass a medical examination.
- Work experience.
- For doctoral dissertation research – must have at least 5 years of work experience after college
- For advanced research – must have at least 10 years of work experience in the field of specialization
- Return to the Philippines. Applicants must return to the Philippines immediately upon completion of their study or research.
Individuals who are currently studying, working, residing or researching in the United States are not eligible.
Note: Application period for the 2012-2013 Fulbright Seniors Program is from July 11 to October 14, 2011. Printed application form and required documents should be received at the PAEF office on or before October 14, 2011.
For complete details, please visit http://www.fulbright.org.ph/