Guidelines on Library Resources and Services in the Transition to Full Online Education
- Online Research Databases and Tools
Faculty members, researchers, and students may use and access the following research databases to aid in the delivery of online education and research, and for personal readings. Links to the databases are available in the Library’s website.
|American Journal of Physics
|Association of Computing Machinery (ACM)
|ATLA Religion Database
|Cambridge Books Online
|Cambridge Journals Online
|Cengage Philippines Collection
|eSCRA (Supreme Court Report Annotations)
|Gale Research Collections
|IEEE All-Society Periodicals
|My Legal Whiz
|Wiley Online Library
|World Book Online
- Remote Access to Research Databases and Tools
Faculty members and students may access the research databases anytime and anywhere using the following options:
- Daigler Virtual Learning Environment
- Go to daigler.addu.edu.ph using any browser
- Log in using ADDUNet account
- Look for the Online Resources feature at the lower right portion of the screen
- Select and click on the linked research database to access the contents
- Installing VPN to home computers or personal laptops
To permit students, faculty and staff to access websites accessible only from within the Jacinto, Matina and Bangkal campuses such as http://insite.addu.edu.ph and the research databases, the UITO is making Virtual Private Network (VPN) software available. The software can be installed on your home computers or on your personal laptops. Please follow the installation steps at http://library.addu.edu.ph/ufaqs/how-to-access-research-databases-off-campus/
- Institutional Log-in using ADDU email
Some research databases provide direct access to their websites using institutional login. Grammarly, JSTOR, Science Direct, Knovel, ACM, IEEE ASPP, are among these research databases.
- Go to the Library’s website at library.addu.edu.ph
- Click the Research Databases tab
- Select and click on the specific database to proceed to the website
- Register for a personal account using ADDU email
- After creating an account, log in using ADDU email to access the contents
- Recommendation to Purchase Books and Library Materials
Faculty members and researchers may recommend a library material for purchase using the e-form at http://library.addu.edu.ph/recommend-a-library-material/
- Library Access
- Administrators, faculty members, and staff are allowed to enter the Library to borrow library materials.
- The Gisbert Library, Miguel Pro Learning Commons and Law Library will open every Tuesday and Friday from 9AM to 4PM.
- Borrowing Services to Faculty and Researchers
- Copyright Date
- Call Number
- Library staff will retrieve the requested materials from the shelves for faster transaction.
- Borrowers will pick up the items at the Circulation Desk.
- Open shelves will still be retained. Faculty members may browse and look for needed books at the shelves.
- Faculty members and researchers with unreturned books are encouraged to renew or return the said materials to give opportunity to other users.
- Online Document Delivery Service
Faculty members, researchers, and students may request for assistance in securing a copy or retrieving e-documents from scholarly sources such as peer-reviewed ejournals and ebooks. Requests may be made using the following options:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the official ADDU email. The Library will not entertain document requests from unvalidated email accounts.
- Sending a message to the Librarians in the Chat-a-Librarian feature available in the library website
- Through a direct message (DM) in the library’s Twitter account (@ADDU_Libraries) wherein the requestor needs to provide his/her ADDU email
- Via personal message (PM) in the library’s Facebook Page (@AteneodeDavaoLibraries) wherein the requestor will be required to provide his/her ADDU email.
- Information and Reference Queries
Students and faculty may send their queries to the library’s email at email@example.com or to the library’s social media accounts.