The Main Library is located at the Gisbert Building, beginning from the 2nd floor up to the 5th floor. It serves students and faculty in the Undergraduate and Graduate levels. Each floor is provided with Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) terminals.
The Circulation Section is located on the 2nd floor of the Main Library, it has a study and reading area with a seating capacity of 170 users at a time.
- Library users can borrow and return library materials at the Circulation Counter. Valid AdDU I.D. is required.
- The Newly Processed Books are displayed in a circular shelf and users are free to browse and borrow them.
- Wi-Fi access is available in this area.
RESERVE & GRADUATE SECTION
- Located on the 3rd floor of the Main Library, it has a Study and Reading Areas for Graduate Students and Undergraduate students.
- The Reserve & Graduate Counter contains theses, dissertations and books selected by the faculty members as required reading for their classes. Theses and dissertations are to be used within the library premise only.
GENERAL CIRCULATION BOOKSTACK
- Also on the 3rd Floor of the Main Library, is the General Circulation Book Stack which contains books to be borrowed for home use.
- The books are arranged according to Dewey Decimal Classification System and Library of Congress Classification since the Library is now on the process of converting all collections to Library of Congress Classification.
FILIPINIANA & REFERENCE SECTION
The Filipiniana & Reference Section is located on the 4th floor of the Main Library.
- The Filipiniana Section contains Filipiniana books which are publications on or about the Philippines, written by Filipino or foreign authors published in the Philippines or abroad.
- Reference Section contains a large collection of reference books such as encyclopedias, almanacs, dictionaries, yearbooks and others.
- It also houses smaller collections such as the Vertical Files, Rizaliana, which are books about Dr. Jose Rizal and the Davao Studies, which are collection of materials about Davao.
- The Filipiniana & Reference Counter keeps Filipiniana and Reference reserve books.
Also on the 4th floor of the Main Library, is the Internet laboratory. There are 50 units of computers for Internet searches. It is under the supervision of the Technical Service Office (TSO).
- The Periodical Section is located on the 5th floor of the Main Library. It keeps current and retrospective issues of newspapers, magazines and journals that are subscribed or donated to the university. Some periodicals are displayed in an open rack and library users are free to browse them.
- The Periodical Counter keeps current magazines, journals and newspapers. Users may read them upon request.