The American Corner (AC) was established in May 13, 1992 when Ateneo de Davao University Library received the donation of the library collections of the former USIS Davao. The Memorandum of Agreement was signed by the Public Affairs Officer Mr. Morton S. Smith, representing the U.S. Embassy, and Fr. Antonio S. Samson, S.J., President of the Ateneo de Davao University from 1986-1993.
In 2003, the AC was closed for renovation. On the occasion of its reopening on February 4, 2004, a new MOA was signed by Mr. Ronald Post, Public Affairs Officer of the U.S. Embassy and Fr. Edmundo M. Martinez, S.J., President of the Ateneo de Davao University from 1993-2004. The new MOA reflects the improved facilities provided by the university and the updated collections from the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy.
The mission of each American Corner is to be a partner in promoting mutual understanding with the United States of America.
- To support the American Studies Program of the University;
- To provide accurate information about United States history, government, society & values;
- To provide access to English language resources, computers, and the Internet;
- To provide educational advising services to individuals who may plan to study in the U.S.
The AC is on the 2nd floor, Wieman Building, adjacent to the Technical Section of the Main Library, Jacinto Campus.
Monday-Saturday 8:00 A.M.- 6:00 P.M.
(Closed during Sunday and Holiday)
The AC is open to the following:
- Ateneo de Davao University community
- ADDU Alumni
- Neighboring institutions
- Businessmen and community leaders
- Visiting users and researchers